Student Ombud Support
Student Ombud Support
Welcome to Student Ombud Support! This service involves connecting you with highly trained volunteers through a direct messaging system about academic or non-academic issues at MacEwan University
The Role of the Student Ombud Support Volunteers
The Student Ombud Support will be your first point of contact during this process.
The Student Ombud Support Volunteers can provide you with
- Information and resources in relation to MacEwan’s policies and procedures.
- They are also able to connect you with the Student Support Coordinator for more in-depth support and guidance.
Please note that what you choose to disclose in the Live Chat or during a meeting with the Student Support Coordinator is kept completely confidential unless there is potential for serious harm to you or others.
The Role of the Student Support Coordinator
The Student Support Coordinator is an in-depth source of support and guidance established by the Student Ombud Support service to support MacEwan students facing academic and/or non-academic issues.
This role may include, but is not limited to,
- Providing students with resources, explaining MacEwan’s policies and procedures in an accessible manner,
- Sitting in as a non-speaking support person during appeals,
- Offering edits to the student’s written requests in relation to the student’s specific academic or non-academic issue, and,
- Above all, being a source of support during an incredibly challenging and confusing time for the student.
Meetings with the Student Support Coordinator can be booked by contacting a Student Ombud Support volunteer through the Live Chat pop-up window. Please note that last-minute bookings are not always available, but we always try our best to accommodate each student.
During our hours of operation, a Live Chat pop-up window will appear in the bottom right-hand corner of this webpage. Outside of our hours of operation you can leave us a message in a similar Live Chat pop-up window that will also appear in the bottom right-hand corner of this webpage. Messages that are received when we are offline will be responded to within one-to-two business days.
Hours of Operation
Fall 2021 & Winter 2022 Semester
Monday – Friday | 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.